Approximately 15% of world’s population lives in some form of disability. It is therefore important to assist such users with complete access to electronic documents to ensure greater independence and self-reliance. Accessibility is also a right that is well protected, documented and legally enforced worldwide.
The American Disabilities Act, the Architectural Barriers Act, and the Rehabilitation Act collectively make everyday life more accessible for people with disabilities. Within these regulations, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 establishes rules to ensure information and communication technology (ICT) is accessible. Section 508 was recently refreshed, and the Revised 508 Standards became effective for federal agencies from January 18, 2018.
In addition, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible.
For businesses, besides regulatory compliance, creating accessible electronic documents also allows them to engage a very large segment of the population and equally take advantage of products or services that a company or agency offers.
What Springbord can do for you
Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines, Springbord helps create content that is accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, and photosensitivity. Our
accessibility service offerings include:
We help generate accessible metadata, ensuring logical reading order, semantic structuring, tagging tables, Generating MathML, embedding alt text descriptions and defining languages, writing accessible interactive content, identifying decorative images, and testing with screen reader.
- Accessible PDF, PPT and word document: The accessible document allows users to navigate and understand the content of the document as the author intended.
- Accessible ePUB3: EPUB 3 is based on the open web platform and HTML5. Using accessible ePUB3, we create data sources for audience of all reading abilities.
Step-by-step process of thoroughly and diligently checking, removing barriers and making a website accessible for all users.
- Website remediation: Website audit to ensure your information is truly accessible to people with disabilities. We do in depth analysis of your website and provides remedial solutions.
- Accessible Metadata: Metadata is a tool which is used for describing web pages and accessible components of web pages as well as associating alternate versions of Web content to each other. These descriptions in turn allows users to locate specific information they need or prefer.
Springbord creates more accessible web content by supporting the creation of accessibility metadata.
Subtitles and Closed Captions: Subtitles are the written form of dialogues in the video for the listeners to narrate the displayed dialogues. Closed captions are an extension of subtitles and usually contain descriptions of important non-dialogue audio. This is specifically intended for people who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- Transcription / Audio Sync: Transcription of audio, proofreading the transcribed text against the spoken audio and syncing of audio and transcribed text at word level.
- Podcast Transcription: We can help with the following services for podcast - Transcripts of content along with captions that plays in sync with the podcast for hearing impaired audiences, audio descriptions of visual information for visually impaired users, translation services to subtitle your videos in a variety of languages.
MathML & Alternate Text Description
MathML is intended to facilitate the usability of mathematical and scientific content. We follow the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) guidelines for MathML. Descriptive text or Alt-txt for tables, graphics and formulas allows the users to understand better.
Why partner with Springbord
Our comprehensive range of accessibility services and an extensive portfolio of solutions make Springbord truly a one-stop shop for all of your document accessibility needs.